BHAF Committee Code of Conduct
CODE OF CONDUCT – BHAF COMMITTEE MEMBERS
On election to the BHAF Committee, members agree to:
- Support and work towards BHAF’s primary aim of achieving the goals of the Brighton and Hove Allotments Strategy, representing the interests of its members.
- Support BHAF in upholding the principles of inclusion and diversity and ensuring that no member is discriminated against on the basis of race/ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation or religion.
- Declare or draw attention to any potential conflicts of interest that may arise in attending a committee meeting or in acting on behalf of BHAF.
- Engage constructively and respectfully in committee discussions, listen carefully, challenge sensitively and avoid conflict.
- Respect committee and individual confidentiality, and not share internal discussions with outside parties without authorisation from the Chair – while not using confidentiality as an excuse to avoid disclosing matters that should be transparent and open.
- Fulfil any responsibilities assigned at committee meetings and report back regularly on progress.
- Raise any concerns or grievances in the first instance with the Chair.