All links below are to Amazon, so you can find out more about the book and see if it is what you are looking for – then just buy online or at your local bookstore.
As recommended by Dave T
- The Allotment Handbook – Recommended as a handy guide for allotment holders, Caroline Foley
- The Allotment Book – A Practical guide to creating and enjoying your own perfect plot, Andi Clevely
- Allotment Gardening – An Organic Guide for Beginners, Susan Berger
- The Allotment Chronicles – A Social History of Allotment Gardening, Steve Poole- Recommended for those interested in the history of allotments.
As recommended by Doug Muncaster of RAGS (Roedale Allotments and Gardens Society):
- Grow your own Vegetables – Joy Larkcom,(2002)
- Pest & Diseases – Pippa Greenwood & Andrew Halstead (RHS)
- Jekka’s Complete Herb Book – Jekka McVicar, (RHS)
- The Garden Organic Guide to Compost , Pauline Pears
- Growing Fruit & Vegetables on a bed system the Organic way Pauline Pears
- Controlling Weeds without using chemicals , Jo Readman
- How to store your Garden Produce- the Key to Self Sufficiency , Piers Warren
As recommended by me!
- The Allotment Source Book – Caroline Foley. The bigger and more colourful version of her previous book The Allotment Handbook. 20% discount and free posting if you buy direct from the publisher before end March 2011 (that’s cheaper than Amazon!) – Just enter the discount code BHAF
Some of the books above are featured in our Book Reviews section. We are always keen to have more book reviews so if you have bought or read any gardening books why not send us your review?