BHAF 2013 AGM
An interesting and successful meeting – for those who don’t have time to read the full minutes, here’s a summary.
Chairperson John Burns welcomed everyone and a minutes silence was held for those allotment tenants who sadly passed away last year – Ronald Buckman (Weald) Bill Wakeham (Eastbrook Farm) Mrs Paddy Harvey (Waverly Crescent), Ruthel Sadler (Lower Roedale).
After the business of approving the minutes, John Burns presented the Annual Report (see below – appendix 1), at which he said his goodbye as this was his last AGM as Chair.
Mark Carroll then presented the suggested changes to the BHAF constitution (see appendix 2) which were voted in (with one minor amendment). Click here for the final version as approved.
Steve Lucas presented the treasurers report, and then the meeting elected the various officers and committee members:
Election of Officers
- President : John Allam (Moulsecombe Estate)
- Chairperson: Vacant. Vice Chairperson: Vacant.
- Secretary: Allan Brown. Treasurer: Emily Gardiner (Keston)
- Publicity Officer: Mark Carroll. (Roedale Valley)
- Plot Holders Liaison Officer: Gary Johnson (Whitehawk Hill)
Election of Committee members.
- Ann Glow (Racehill Farm) Lynn Long (Weald)
- Tania Johnson (Whitehawk Hill)
- Melanie Matthews. Webmaster (Lower Roedale)
- Simon Powell (Whitehawk Hill)
- Steve Lucas (Pankhurst Avenue)
Election of Vice Presidents
- Gerry Nevill (Coldean)
And finally a long discussion was held on the Strategy Process (detailed in the minutes).
Then to end the evening, John Burns was presented with a Garden Bench including an engraved plaque to thank him for his years of dedication to the Federation.