Allotments for gardeners with disabilities
Coldean , Coldean Lane
Foredown, Thornbush Crescent
Weald, Weald Avenue, Hove
Contact the allotment office Allotments@brighton-hove.gov.uk
Those people with:
- Visual impairment
- Standing, walking, bending, digging problems
- Special Learning needs
- Mental Health needs
- Existing allotment gardeners unable to cultivate a normal plot because of medical, physical and age related problems
- Vehicular access within 10 metres, designated parking area
- Support from other allotment gardeners
- Shelter with seating provided
- Accessible paved paths within and leading to the plot
- Raised bed plots easy to work from both sides, being 4ft wide and 18 ft long.
- Disabled Access toilet.
- A water point within easy reach of each plot.
- Planted beds around the edge of the area, plus an orchard with soft fruit bushes, minarette, and bush trees.